+ $25.00 AUD delivery to AustraliaUnit price per
In this board game 2-5 ancient colonizers pilot their ships to unknown Mediterranean shores and establish colonies in fortuitous locations. Some decisions you will face:
- Establish a colony as soon as possible or pursue the ideal location?
- Establish close to others to enhance trade, or remain safe and remote?
- Re-invest to grow your colonies or pursue those of others?
- Send your ship home or use it in the new waters?
- Create more colonies or thrive safely behind strong walls?
- Negotiate the path between speedy growth and the disruption it causes?
In ancient times nearly every vacant Mediterranean coastline was colonized by one group of Greeks or another. In the game you may play the
- tyrannical Corinthians
- belligerent Spartans
- Euboean explorers
- thrifty Phocaeans, founders of ancient Marseilles and famed as the best seafarers of all the Greeks.
- Phoenicians, whose seafaring and trading abilities are still legend to this day
The setup is always different and each side has a unique powers, making for a novel and refreshing experience every time.